Pic.1. TosLink Adapter with Power/Remout cable
Info: Adapter can not be used as an addition to the original amplifier and works only in place of original amplifiers.
Original amplifiers can no longer be used if installed.
Adapter can be used if no original amplifier is installed at the factory.
Compatible with vehicles equipped with audio system with optical MOST bus:
- Audi A4, A5, A6, A8, Q5, Q7 (MMI 2G/3G/3G+ ( - 2014)
- BMW (E60, E65, E70, E90, F10, F20, F30…),
- Range Rover (all with MOST-BUS, Evogue)
- Land Rover (Freelander2, Freelander2 HSE, Discovery3, Discovery4)
- Porsche (-2008 / 2008+)
- Volvo (C30,
S40, S60, S80)
- Volvo (XC60 Premium)
- Volvo (XC70 -2011; 2012+)
- Volvo (XC90)
- VW 3G+/Touareg II NF 2.2010 +
Pic.2. Connectors “Power” and “MOST”
“Jumpers” and “MostLink/SPDIF”
· Adapter Most-TosLink 2.0 (Fig.1)
· Power cable (connector with red, black and blue wires) (Fig.1)
· Jumpers - 3 pcs.
· Quick guide.
Depending on the vehicle, possibly additionally required (sold separately):
- Optical cable (0,8m) with connector
for Volvo (during the procedure «serial number assignment»),
for BMW or MB (if original amplifier is missing).
for system MMI 3G+ (Audi or VW Touareg NF).
- Only optical connectorfor BMW or MB (if the original amplifier is present).
Audio-interface MOST-TosLink 3.0:
1) Emulates a original power amplifier.
2) Select the main stereo signal from the optical stream, as well as additional audio signals from the phone, navigation system, parking
sensors and other messages.
3) Performs mixing of additional signals to the main signal in the respective proportions for each audio channel using digital mixers.
4) Generates at its output 24-bit digital signal TosLink. The digital output signals are formed by the left and right channels, which are
mixed in signaling intended for the front and for the rear speakers.
5) Stores in the system basic settings (high, low, balance).
6) Uses throughout the audio path only digital (24 bit) format for the signals.
7) Play audio from the DVD source is only possible in Stereo mode. The device does not have built-in multichannel decoder 5.1 audio, so
when you try to play any 5.1 audio signals will not be broadcast.
Adapter MOST-TosLink the turn of the original audio system initializes the MOST-ring as original amplifier and emulates its operation,
receives radio information about settings and forms Information required for the radio. After all the information is provided, there is a circuit on
REMOUT, then audio circuits are placed in standby mode, thus preventing unpleasant clicks during power on / off.
If the average settings are set for sound in the audio adapter, automatically control module switches from frequency in the adapter.
If the MOST bus is inactive, is the MOST-Toslink adapter in "sleep" mode, as well as other components of the MOST systems.
In sleep mode about 0.5 milliamps consumed.
Special mode (only for BMW)
If you want to change the volume levels of parking sensors and system messages, you should use an additional mode of the adapter MOSTTosLink
(in the figure 3 labeled as "BMW Park Volume")
To set the desired volume of the parking sensors and signals:
1) Set the jumpers to position BMW (one jumper).
2) Turn on the system.
3) Not turning off the system, add a jumper (in accordance with figure 3 the position of "BMW Park Volume").
4) Adjust the level of the lower border signals by adjusting low frequency timbres. Below this situation, the signal level will not drop
5) Install attenuation additional signals relative to the level of the main channel by adjusting the timbres of the upper frequency
(weakening of the signal levels of the parking sensors and of the system with respect to the main music signal).
6) Turn off the system. Wait until the car "fall asleep".
7) Operation with the set parameters is possible if the position of jumpers "BMW Park Volume". To return to the default settings again,
set the jumpers to the normal position "BMW" (fig.3)
Dimensions adapter: 90 х 60 х 25 mm
Power supply voltage: 8 ... 16 volts
Current consumption in sleep mode: less than 0.5 mA
Digital output: SPDIF / TosLink
The number of bands equalizer: 5 bands
EQ adjustments Depth: +/- 15db
Depth adjustment of bass and treble: +/- 12db
Features sound processor (STA309A)
Bit Sound Processor: 24 bit
Dynamic range: no less than 100 db
Number of active channels concurrently: 5 channels (1-stereo and 4-mono)