- Forester 2005-09
- Impreza 2005-09
- Legacy 2005-09
- Outback 2005-09
- Tribeca 2005-09- and other of the year 2005-2009 with 20 pin connectorMain information
Info: vehicle models and year of construction may vary by country.
Important NotesSUBARU compatibility.
The GROM adapter for Subaru can have SAT (satellite) or CDC (CD changer) emulation. SAT emulation is applicable to the satellite compatible vehicles within USA only. For vehicles outside of USA please use CDC emulation.
The following car stereos are tested and supported :
GX-806EF2, GX-201JE, GX-201LE, GX-201RE, GX-201LH, GX-201RH, GX-201SH, GX-201KH, GX-203JE, GX-203KH,
GX-204LE, GX-204JH, GX-204RE, P-136, P-147 LN, P-206 UNB, Kenwood FZDA07EREF2
If you don't see you stereo listed - please contact us.
1.Double-DIN Non-Navigation radios that are equipped with an in dash 6-disc CD-Changer are not compatible.
2. Radios with Subaru navigation system are not compatible
3. Single-DIN radios, are not compatible.
4. Radio model FXDD07EF2 is not compatible.
- Easily access your media collection in your car, including shuffling
songs, skipping between tracks, and adjusting the volume-all with only your factory car stereo head unit or multifunction steering wheel controls.- IPod/iPhone/iPad connection is the USB port. A USB cable with 30-pin connector (old version) or Lightning plug (new version) is ideal for music playback, control and charging. Original Apple cables or iPod/iPhone creadle ensure the best compatibility.
- If USB port is busy, iPod / iPhone connection via EXT2 port can be realized with Grom-IPD2 or Grom-IPD2L cable.
Use your phone in the car hands free (HFP), stream your MP3 music from your phone to the factory stereo via Bluetooth Audio playback (A2DP), control your MP3 music with the car stereo or steering wheel controls via Bluetooth wireless audio control (AVRCP) with the GROM-BTD Bluetooth Dongle
- Android Phone play, control and charge. If you have an Android Phone (including but not limited to Samsung Galaxy S or S II) you can integrate it to your car stereo (full Information) . Play the music, control it via car stereo or steering wheel buttons, and charge while in car - all with the standard MicroUSB to USB cable. There are no extra cables required. You will plug the MicroUSB cable to the USB port of GROM USB unit directly.
Android integration requires AALinQ Android App, available FREE at Google Play StoreFor more information go to AALinQ info-page AUX Input: Aux-In connection (Grom-C-35MDN), for any additional audio source such as DVD, MP3 player, XM or AUX plus 5V charging
via AUX-In 3.5mm and 5V USB charging cable (Grom-Cable-35USB).- optional.
- Connect GROM-IPD4 car kit to your car stereo via CD changer or extension port (see manual for details)
- Place GROM-IPD4 module in the accessible location or route USB and other cables to the accessible location (glove box, arm rest, etc...)
- Last position memory
- Shuffle, scan, repeat through your digital media files
- Online music streaming and control with Android app AALinQ (require current AALinQ)
- Online music streaming with any Android app (available from Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version)
- Advance your music files via car stereo buttons (check Operation Manual)
- The Folders or Playlists are assigned to the car stereo DISC or Folder buttons
- You will get higher than CD quality (18 bits) sound directly to your car stereo
- Provides charge and control for the iPod/iPhone/iPad
- For more information on folders, formats, operation and limits- read FAQ
- Operating Temperature:-40C - +85 C (-50F - 200 F)
- Operating current: ~ 150mA
- Standby current: 1mA ~
- SN Ratio: 95dB
- DAC resolution: NA
- Distortion: 0.1%
- Charging current: 2A
- Dimensions: W / H / D - Cm 6.5/3/9
- Weight: 60 grams
- Housing: Aluminum
- Color: white metal
- GROM Audio products are FCC and CE compliant.
Possible connections for existing expansion ports:
USB port: Android Smartphone/Tablet, iPod/iPhone/iPad (USB Port for Firmware Update only)
EXT1 port: Bluetooth, Aux-In.
EXT2 port: Bluetooth, Aux-In.
Notes: Ports can from the radio, as required, be elected, see link.
- The adapter comes with vehicle specific harness that will also fit you car. It will also allow to retain Sattelite (only USA) and existing CD changer !
- In European countries, satellite radio is not supported. In most vehicles, a CD changer control is required. CD changer can not be used.
- Adapter uses Media / MODE / CD / CDDJ or AUX button and emulates iPod or USB flash with ability to display text and browse by folders
Before ordering please check our compatibility guide to make sure that your vehicle is compatible.
- Car stereo adapter in metal enclosure
- Vehicle specific harness
- USB Type A Male / Type A Female 2FT cable
- Operation manual
Optional accessories (purchase separately):
- GROM Bluetooth Dongle for hands free calling and wilreless playback
- iPod cable for iPod control and charge
- AUX 3.5mm cable and 5V USB charger for any MP3 player, mobile phone, XM, etc.
- see full Grom Accessories list
Instructions and Manuals
GROM-IPD4 Usage Manual (engl.)
Harness compatibility chart (engl.)
||We Also Recommend
AUX flush Mount 3.5mm female auxilary cable 2Ft.
GROM iPod BOSE input converter
GROM-BTD Bluetooth Dongle 10ft cable long
Grom AUX MiniDin to 3.5mm audio cable, 5FT.
Grom AUX MiniDin to 3.5mm audio Cable+5V USB Plug Charge
GROM Extension Cable 10FT.
GROM Extension Cable 6 Ft.
DENSION iPhone activ cradle iPhone 7 / 7 plus / 6 / 6 Plus /5 / 5C / 5S
Car radio trim told removal tools 4 p.